Menu
mjpm95
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

intermittent connection

since 27/11/19 my wifi has been connecting and disconnecting and is still ongoing as we speak it will say connected and within a few min it will disconnect all devices in the house and stay disconnected for 5/10min, i have run a wifi speed test that says its fine in area but when ring the virgin number it says there is issues in the aree but at the moment i have been doing 12 hour shifts so not actually been able to speak to someone so whilst at work.

I have tried to do web chat to no avail and am quiet annoyed that it doesn't help you to speak to anyone at virgin and i have also tried to see if can book an engineer but theres no.to do that 🙄

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent connection

can you confirm this also affects wired devices - thats the key to fault finding - if it is

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
mjpm95
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I dont have any wired devices in the house hold but my friend had the exact same issue few week back who did have a wired computer and ran the upstream/downstream figures and web chat said there was no issue until he had finally got an engineer to come to the address and even though virgin said no issue the engineer said there was an issue with signal coming into the house.

i have previously purchased a TP-link archer c7 and that hasn't solved the issue either but it does make the wifi speed faster when the wifi is working 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do as Tony suggested and post up your Hub stats & the network logs

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mjpm95
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As stated in previous post i dont have any wired devices  in house 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@mjpm95 wrote:

As stated in previous post i dont have any wired devices  in house 

So as Tony suggested - post up your Hub stats!

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

then log in via wifi and post the stats 

if you have no wired devices what do the lights on the hub do when the connection drops

Tony
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

deleted as answered a removed post

Tony
0 Kudos