cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent broadband connection

VivienneK
Tuning in

Since installation around six weeks ago, we have experienced intermittent broadband connection at varying times every single day. We have tried looking for local faults, running tests and resetting the hub, and nothing changes. We need to speak to someone who can take a look and fix this issue as a matter of urgency.

It impacts across all devices at various times of day and night. We've set up a Think Broadband Quality Monitor, which backs up the issue of high latency at various points throughout the day. It's important to note that speed doesn't seem to be an issue when the network is connected to the internet, the issue is around regular dropouts and connection, specifically not connecting to the wifi network but connecting to the internet once connected to the wifi network.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0e4dd11c1f9fbbd247ce686e66617c3e50...

18 REPLIES 18

Hi VivienneK

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've checked the levels and some of the downstream are out of spec, plus the upstream also.

This does need a tech so will PM you to get the address confirmation.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM @VivienneK

The tech visit booked in as advised via PM. You can alter and track the visit in your Online Account

Let us know how it goes

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @VivienneK

Thanks for your message. It's an in person engineer 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi

Several weeks after the engineer's visit and following an email saying our wi-fi had been optimised to correct a traffic jam, we are still having the same problem. Our devices remain connected to wifi but the internet connection keeps dropping out. 

Hi VivienneK

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry it's not sorted.

I've had a check and it's the downstream channels, more than half are out of spec and also on the upstream, the attenuation levels are out.

I'll PM as we need a tech

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM VivienneK

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in

If you do need to reschedule or cancel, please do so here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi. The engineer/technician came out last week and installed a new modem but unfortunately we’re still getting the same problem. He said the next step was to replace something in the box on the wall outside.

Hi VivienneK

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've checked here and all but one of the downstream is out of spec, all upstream are out of spec and the previous tech did note it saying replacing a connector. 

I'll PM you now as we can get another tech

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi @VivienneK

Sent you the details for the visit in a PM 🙂

This can also be tracked here

Let us know how you get on

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team