Menu
mummyesther
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

iPhone and iPad won’t connect to Wifi

Just signed up with Virgin Media - all good for a couple of weeks but now my iPhone and iPad can’t use the Wifi. It connects but won’t let me access the Internet. Other devices we have connect - all Apple products. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone and iPad won’t connect to Wifi

Are your Apple devices using the latest software ... 12.1.1 ?   

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As well as getting them onto 12.1.1 - all my iDevices work much better if they are connected to the 5GHz network.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mummyesther
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep! Just updated my phone hoping it would make a difference. Didn’t work before - still doesn’t work now!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure they are connecting to your network(s) pehaps they are picking up a stronger signal fro the neighbours or the VM Hotspot and trying but failing to connect to that.  In the device settings>wifi can you see which network they are connected to and maybe "choose a network" and pick the one your other devices are connected to.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mummyesther
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes - definitely our network. I’m quite tech savvy and have tried all the obvious solutions but to no avail. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You dont say which Hub model you have - if its a Hub3 - try this if you havent already - go into the Hub3 settings and in "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation" and then rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with a password you like, save settings and restart Hub.  You can then select the individual network that you want to connect your devices to - if it doesnt help and you prefer the original set up then just pinhole reset the Hub to factory

--------------------
0 Kudos
mummyesther
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm - this has fixed it for my phone but not for my iPad? Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Only the standard stuff.
https://www.payetteforward.com/ipad-not-connecting-to-wifi-heres-why-the-real-fix/

--------------------
0 Kudos