Menu
Madcow
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iOS and Wi-Fi update 11.4.1

I’ve seen the advice posted today (31/7) regarding Intermittent Wi-Fi following the 11.4.1 IOS update.  It doesn’t work for me, I’ve rest the network settings on my iPad, completed rebooted and reset all superhub 2 settings, reset IPad and nothing works. It’s only a problem on my iPad, my iPhone and Mac are fine.  Definitely the router as my iPad worked fine on my Father’s BT router.  Any other suggestions as it’s driving me mad, every 5 mins I am having to toggle the Wi-Fi off and on again to get it to work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS and Wi-Fi update 11.4.1

Sorry to hear this Madcow, 

I'd like to look into this for you. 

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS and Wi-Fi update 11.4.1

@Madcow wrote:

I’ve seen the advice posted today (31/7) regarding Intermittent Wi-Fi following the 11.4.1 IOS update.  It doesn’t work for me, I’ve rest the network settings on my iPad, completed rebooted and reset all superhub 2 settings, reset IPad and nothing works. It’s only a problem on my iPad, my iPhone and Mac are fine.  Definitely the router as my iPad worked fine on my Father’s BT router.  Any other suggestions as it’s driving me mad, every 5 mins I am having to toggle the Wi-Fi off and on again to get it to work

The advice doesnt work - as you discovered - they should stop posting it up.  There are two "workarounds" (1) get your own router onto your SH2 in modem mode or (2) Get a  Hub3 from VM. 

There will be an "issue fix" - which will come from Apple in due course.  The Cupertino coders know all about the problem (its not just VM routers affected - several in the US are too) and will implement a fix soon.  I think they are probably getting in a headspin because iOS12 is due out early next month - so do they wait for that or put out 11.4.2 in a hurry - which could of course cause other issues Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.