cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Weak Security

Yanki77
Joining in

Hello Virgin community and best regards. Question about HUB3 security and updates. It is suggested by a message from Apple that my HUB3 signal security is insufficient, it should be encrypted on WPA3 or at least on WPA 2 AS. My HUB3 is currently connected to the bridge and works as a modem, the information about the Software Version shows me 9.12109.200 and I can get maximum encryption at the WPA2 level, which is quite dangerous. I would like to ask for guidance if the Update is Automatic or do I have to call Virgin and ask for technical support

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Yanki77 wrote:

Hello Virgin community and best regards. Question about HUB3 security and updates. It is suggested by a message from Apple that my HUB3 signal security is insufficient, it should be encrypted on WPA3 or at least on WPA 2 AS. My HUB3 is currently connected to the bridge and works as a modem, the information about the Software Version shows me 9.12109.200 and I can get maximum encryption at the WPA2 level, which is quite dangerous. I would like to ask for guidance if the Update is Automatic or do I have to call Virgin and ask for technical support

See

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

for the VM hub in router mode. If you are using the hub in modem mode and have your own router, set your router to WPA2 PSK.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Yanki77 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The iOS Weak Security message is a known issue but is nothing to worry about, I can assure you the security is up to scratch. If you can follow the above link provided by the very helpful goslow this should correct the message for you

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis, sorry but your answer directly contradicts what Apple states on their help pages (3rd May, 2023) they say WPA2 is not secure. "

Weak security settings to avoid on your router

Don't create or join networks that use older, deprecated security protocols. These are no longer secure, they reduce network reliability and performance, and they'll cause your device to display a security warning:

• WPA/WPA2 mixed modes" ..

Client62
Legend

For a Hub 3 WPA2-PSK is the correct encryption mode to select and Apple kit will connect without any fuss.

Visit the Wireless Security section of the Hub 3's menus and make the settings look as shown below for both 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands :

Wireless Security
Client62_0-1680359554768.png