cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 15.1 Encrypted DNS

tecdude
On our wavelength

Hello!

I just checked my WiFi settings. My iPhone is running iOS 15.1 with iCloud private relay. Im getting an error saying that the network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. Is it related to Private Relay, or is it something on Virgin’s side?

959A0621-0288-4463-9947-6CD70E1CCF65.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi CountyGirl,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone and WIFI, which handset do you have, are you facing issues with any other devices?

Regards

Paul.

Updated 21st February 2022

Virgin Media does not block encrypted DNS traffic and uses a reputable DNS source to help keep our customers safe online. This, alongside other security tools such as WebSafe, helps our customers avoid being redirected to untrustworthy websites by hackers, malicious software or access them accidentally.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tecdude 

I hope the following post from yesterday will help

/Networking-and-WiFi/Privacy-Warning-on-Wi-Fi-Network-settings-IOS 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello 

I can't answer for the OP but this doesn't solve anything for me. 

Forgetting the network gets rid of the message, but only temporarily, it comes back quick enough. 

Also, every time the phone locks it loses internet - I have to switch off wifi and switch on again every single time. I am proper losing my rag with it now. 

I can never seem to get the settings right for any length of time. Just when I think I have sorted it, another problem arises. 

Hi CountyGirl,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone and WIFI, which handset do you have, are you facing issues with any other devices?

Regards

Paul.

Updated 21st February 2022

Virgin Media does not block encrypted DNS traffic and uses a reputable DNS source to help keep our customers safe online. This, alongside other security tools such as WebSafe, helps our customers avoid being redirected to untrustworthy websites by hackers, malicious software or access them accidentally.

lee8796
Tuning in

Hi tecdude. 

did you get anywhere with this privacy warning issue? I’m having it on several devices on several VMB routers in different places. 

doesn’t seem to happen on other networks. 

thanks