Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub5

barrymcgregor93
Joining in

how do i get the hub 5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

as i say its invite only - be careful what you wish for read some of the posts on here and decide if you want one if offered 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

they are invite only so you wait for that - why do you think you want one

Tony.
Sacked VIP

barrymcgregor93
Joining in

I was just on the phone to Virgin Media and they said they doing a trial for the hub 5 so I thought I would try and see if it's any good as I am still on the Hub 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

You would effectively be a beta-tester for new equipment - which is proving to be as problematic as everyone predicted.

If you are comfortable with that and you are invited - them go ahead but do not return your Hub3 hang on to it for a while so you can easily get it re-activated to replace the Hub5 with no down time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

as i say its invite only - be careful what you wish for read some of the posts on here and decide if you want one if offered 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Old Chinese proverb, ‘be careful what you wish for, lest it become true’

Hi barrymcgregor93,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As it stands, we’re rolling the Hub 5 out in phases, and we’re emailing specific groups of customers over time to invite them to order ahead of a wider launch this year. We’re ironing out some kinks around customers who have Gig1, Intelligent WiFi Pods, and home phone via hub and once we've addressed these issues we'll start to include these customers in the rollout too.
For now it's a case of waiting to see if you receive an email. 

Let us know if you have any issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

laurabelle78
Joining in

Got the hub 5 today, its not worked from point of installation  - engineer didn't stay to check if it works and took hub 3 away. Constant blue, red and white flashing  lights. Called up and they are saying it's a network outage and will be fixed in 24 hours. Take this with a pinch of salt as it appears that there is no outage in area when i checked on app. If it isn't sorted an engineer  will come out but not for a week.  Husband and I work from home and can't not access WiFi.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

May I refer you to message 4 😎

It may not have activated on the account yet - can take an hour or more. Leave it a bit and see.

If it doesnt burst into life, Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number - and see what they have to say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @laurabelle78,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with the Hub 5 recently. Is the issue ongoing today since your post, or has it now been resolved? If it's ongoing, can you confirm what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!