cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub4 solid white light no connect

Swasha7792
Joining in

Hello

Yesterday i came home to a solid red light on the hub, connections were fine so i assumed it overheated. Later it worked ok *in router mode* but only a solid red light in modem mode, it only gave my router an internal 192.168.100.254 ip address.

I have since tried to get it back to router mode via another pin-reset. Now i cannot access the webui, i have unplugged from wall, reset, checked connection etc.

as soon as the power cable is inserted it is solid white only no connection, on a laptop directly connected it reads nothing, as if the ethernet ports are dead. The WIFI does not seem to startup either.

If i unplug the coax and turn it on it will still be solid white.

I have went through the check connection etc which led me to get a technician visit... Says there may be a charge etc, looks like may be 2/3 days before i could get visit to to my work schedule atm.

Im pretty sure its just the box itself. Is there a page to maybe order a replacement box without charge due to a fault?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub issues the 192.168.100.254 address a default gateway to your router when it stats up and when initialised reverts to your WAN address. From you description the hub is faulty and needs replacing. There should NOT be a charge for this. Contact customer services again and see if they will book a technician’s visit or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2