cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub3 cannot normally white

ming
Tuning in

I just join virgin broadband and install the hub3 by myself. Don’t why the hub3 cannot normally white status lights and keep orange sometime red. And the connection is no good and automatic disconnect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ming
Tuning in

is it any supporting from virgin can help to fix this issues

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

ming
Tuning in

is it any supporting from virgin can help to fix this issues

Hi @ming, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Sometimes, the Hub 3 can have more of an "off-colour" white light sometimes appearing orange. Red lights means something different altogether though so are you able to provide a screenshot of the light on your Hub and we can take things from there?

Many thanks

Tom_W

da19f285-139e-4f1e-a82b-a2ac30321529.jpg

da19f285-139e-4f1e-a82b-a2ac30321529.jpg

do you see my picture

any update?

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ming,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our and welcome back, sorry to see you have been facing issues with your Router and that you have advised your connection isn't great, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, all your stats are exactly where we expect them to be and everything is in the green. 

The light at the bottom can vary and look different and isn't always white, looking at your it looks fine, please perform a pin reset on the Hub to rule out a software issue, push a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the Router, push and hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after, allow 15 Minutes to settle.

Regards

Paul.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ming

Thank you for your update, your pictures have uploaded. Have you performed a Pin Hole reset on your Hub? If not, please follow these instructions and let us know how your connection is / what colour light is showing after this:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.
This will remove all devices that are registered on the Hub, you can then readd the ones you use which may help alleviate the issues 🙂 This will be a factory reset on your Hub, so make sure to write down any passwords beforehand.

Best wishes,

Serena