cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5

dessy
Dialled in

i had a hub 5 but had issues from delivery .1./ locked in update mode for 3 days 2./ kept being told connected but no internet 3./ my samsung tablets would connect to internet but would take upto 8 hours to download a 12mb update which made it impossible to use. samsung mobiles wold constanly lose internet. i would like to go back to hub 5 but todate virgin says there are no issues., has any onyone got any updates on wheater these issues have been resolved or did i just get a bad hub 5

7 REPLIES 7

dessy
Dialled in

has virgin sorted out the messages i get with superhub 5 saying CONNECTED BUT NO INTERNET.

also have they sorted out the speed issue with samsung android devices (4 hors to download 20mm speed even though my connection says 433mb speed) 

Hey dessy, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look at our side and I can't see major issues everything is looking fine and online to me.

How are you measuring your speed and is this on a WIFI or a cable connection?

Also what tool are you using for this speed test? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

i rang the tech line for help and the agent said he had the same issues but was able to get on the internet. also i have read from others on the comminty that they had the same issues CONNECTED BUT NO INTERNET. i could get on the internet but everythings was snail pace and atlest 3 of my samsung devices got onto the internet but pages would update in 10 to 15 mins. so back to hub and everything is perfect. i would like to go back to the hub 5 as it has 2.5 mhz port and i get the full 1130mb download speed compaired to 850 to 930 mb on the1gb port on the hub 4. when and if some one says virgin have sorted the issues i will definatlty have my hub 5 back

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could always put the Hub4 into modem mode and connect your own wireless router with a 2.5GHz (or 10 GHz) port and Wifi6 and get the benefit now.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

thanks for the reply however  the issues were with hub 5 not hub 4. i am back on hub 4 and no issues. virgin keeps saying there are no issues with hub 5 but clearly there are (i smell coffee ..wake up virgin  the coffee is loverly) the hub 5  2.5ghz port was superb and although the hub 4 ports are only 1 ghz i still get UPTO 933mb download speed even though virgin still manage to drop my speed to 100mb download speed , the solution to that is is a reboot (i shouldnt have to should i) other solution i find that works is to run SAMKNOWS speed check several times and for unknown reseons my speed magicaly goes back up gradually to 900 - 933. its as if virgin has been found out that i am getting low speeds and they magicaly turn my braodnand back up (purlely supposition on my part ok). anyway thanks for your help

Thank you for the update @dessy.

Sorry to hear you have had to go back to hub 4. Just to confirm, with hub 5, were the issues intermittent? Were the issues on wired or wireless devices? Do you still have the hub 5 equipment to run further tests? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wirless.  when  and if they did it told me i was connected but no internet, when i finaly got on the net  it took a while to load up pages and if i wanted to update my tablets or download apps  it would take upto 4 hours to download a 12mb app. the hub 5 was a nightmare for me and as luck would have it i still had my hub 4 so i had it re-connected over the phone, and all is well so although i would love to have the hub 5 again because of the 2.5ghz port i am forced to give it a miss. as i only have android phone and tablets this must just be the settings in the hub that wrong for me and possibly its the wifi 6