cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 v hub 4

medy38
Tuning in

hello

i have just taken a new deal with virgin media for the ultimate Volt deal that gives me 1 gig on my old oomph deal i was given the new Hub 5, now i have taken the new package  i will have to down grade to the Hub 4 as the hub 5 will not work ? i do not want to change the hub 5 as it has Wi-Fi 6 but the package will not activate, has anyone else had this issue? thinking of just leaving and trying sky as still in my 14 day cool off period any suggestions would be very much appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both the Hub 5 and Hub 4 work for 1GB tier.  However the Hub 5 does not work with the wifi Pods at this time.  As a 1GB customer you are entitled to up to 3 Pods for free.

This may be why VM want you to use the Hub 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please expand on the hub 5 not working /activating? 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your old Hub 4 is still working, then VM have not activated the Hub 5.

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub 5 serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

sorry bit confusing i have the hub 5 and it is working but they have sent me a hub 4 & now are saying i must use the hub 4 or my new package wont activate

my hub 5 is working fine but my package wont activate unless i use the hub 4 which i don't want to downgrade 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both the Hub 5 and Hub 4 work for 1GB tier.  However the Hub 5 does not work with the wifi Pods at this time.  As a 1GB customer you are entitled to up to 3 Pods for free.

This may be why VM want you to use the Hub 4.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@medy38 wrote:

sorry bit confusing i have the hub 5 and it is working but they have sent me a hub 4 & now are saying i must use the hub 4 or my new package wont activate

they lie - or they may do - the original release of the hub 5 was for lower speed customers but some on 1gig have got them activated - there were 2 other problems - the plone socket was not activated - this is now working but not sure its for all hub5 users - the other things is pods do not work - there certainly is a config file for 1gig though 

will flag the thread and see if VM can help but it may be that they just refer you to the phone lines - if so you need UK retentions - dont waste your time with offshore its far too difficult for them

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @medy28,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I would very much like to look into this further for you to see what we can do 🙂

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@-tony- wrote:

@medy38 wrote:

they lie - or they may do…

….snip

No seriously, they are lying. Or possibly not actually understanding the technology they are supposed to be supporting and which you are paying for - not 100% which is worst honestly….

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

@medy38,

Thanks for providing your details via PM. I can see the hub 5 has now been activated on your account 🙂 

If you have any further issues, let us know. 

Have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs