cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 router settings

stickmanisaac
Tuning in

im trying to access my hub 5 router settings and whenever i put the password in it keeps saying it's wrong even though i've used my iphone to take an image, copy the text from the image and paste it into the password box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
did you previously change the passwords? you can reset them like this....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset”

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jem101
Superstar

Possibly a stupid question, but you are using the right password (I think they are all numbers) rather than the WiFi password/passphrase?

Otherwise it is possible that you have been sent a second hand Hub5 and a previous owner had changed the password and VM didn't factory reset it before sending it to you. Try a full factory reset yourself, ie pin in the reset hole and hold it in for a full 60 seconds and allow the hub to reboot itself.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try typing it in directly. Try on a different device. You are trying the settings password and not the wifi one I assume 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

well the password im using has the hub settings link above it and then password under it which has letters and numbers, also im not using the wifi password lol

ive tried on multiple devices

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
did you previously change the passwords? you can reset them like this....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset”

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

thank you the pinhole reset worked!

Second hand Hub then........

or it's a bit flakey, not sure which is worse.