cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 - keeps disconnecting

snossis69
Tuning in

set my new hub 5 up last week but keeps disconnecting from the internet is this normal for a new hub

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi snossis69,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing regular dropouts with your internet services on both a wired and wireless connection.

Remotely looking from our end, we have located your account and run some diagnostic checks. We have found that your downstream power levels are out of specification, and this would require and engineer to resolve this issue for you.

Please let me know if you would be happy for us to arrange this.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

54 REPLIES 54

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Depends. Is it losing full connectivity or is it just Wifi devices dropping off?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

• my devices stay connected to the hub but it just loses all internet for a minute then reconnects this happens 4 or 5 times a day

@snossis69 wrote:
  • my devices stay connected to the hub but it just loses all internet for a minute then reconnects this happens 4 or 5 times a day

And wired devices as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

yes wired as well wich is annoying when im on my ps5 

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

Hi snossis69,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing regular dropouts with your internet services on both a wired and wireless connection.

Remotely looking from our end, we have located your account and run some diagnostic checks. We have found that your downstream power levels are out of specification, and this would require and engineer to resolve this issue for you.

Please let me know if you would be happy for us to arrange this.

Kind regards Jodi. 

yes that would be great thanks

not heard anything can you advise please

Hi snossis69, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming that you would be happy to have an engineer visit. 

I can get that booked in for you today although I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs