cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 issues

nickrp
On our wavelength

A warning your new hub 5 will activate without you actually doing anything, this is sort of OK what is NOT Ok is that after 7 days my current wifi hub was deactivated. So like me if you are planning a day to set it all up-forget it. Wifi stopped while I was away in the middle of the night leading to no heating control and loss of home automation, unacceptable. Also no one warned me it was a trial

Coverage is terrible despite having altered the signal width. Air book upstairs still not reliably connected. Support is the next step to rename and separate the 2 bands?

Setting 2.ghz Channel width to 20/40mhz and 5GHz channel width to 20/40/80 DONE
Enable Channel Optimization- this option is greyed out so NOT possible

setting up Sonos system tured into a complete painI have the old router still. I'm giving a few days before rolling back. Its that bad

Support any more suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

Hello nickrp

The Hub 5 is a trial and as such may encounter bugs which is one of the reasons for the trial to help discover and iron these out prior to a widespread launch. I am sorry if this wasn't made clear to you in the documentation or website used to sign up/agree to the trial.

It's good to hear the speed issues via the Apple devices has have been resolved and that you have posted the steps here, this may help other customers browsing the forum looking for support with this issue.

Rob

nickrp
On our wavelength

Final update fro me. I re booted the Hub 5 today and got a constant flashing white light. Despite resets and reboots-This means the unit has failed. So I have restored the Hub 3 back. 

The person I talked to said they have had  A LOT of these returned due to this failure. Only enginners would be sent out with a new one. They still dont seem to have any meaningful support info for it.

Dont get one, if you do wait for it to fail.AND KEEP YOUR OLD HUB. Mine lasted less than 4 months and 3 reboots. A disgrace, especially as never actually sigend up to a "trial"

Hi @nickrp

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, are the speed issues still ongoing with the flashing light?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs