cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5- cannot connect the tv via WIFI

Davebreckie
On our wavelength

We have had the new hub 5 for a few months now and we have a problem.

We have a Samsung q6 series tv, 5 years old which is in perfect condition.

But since being upgraded to hub 5 we can no longer connect the tv via WIFI, instead we have to use an ethernet cable which I do not want to. and because my tv is hooked up this way the only way to use my soundbar without cables is by bluetooth. I would like this all put right but have found no solution at all.

14 REPLIES 14

Client62
Hero

Try disabling the Hub 5's 5Ghz WiFi for a short period to see if that would that allow the Samsung TV to be connected over WiFi at 2.4Ghz.

it is already running at 2.4Ghz.everything else in my home is still connecting as before we got the 5 except for the tv.

Hub 5  2.4Ghz WiFi issues can be caused by:

1) Hub 5's 2.4Ghz WiFi is not transmitting    (  pause 5Ghz & if all WiFi devices become disconnected 2.4Ghz is not working )

2) The Hub 5 DHCP process has stopped working 

3) WiFi Security mode WPA3 is enabled - try WPA2-PSK only

4) 2.4Ghz Channel width is not 20 Mhz    ( disable 20/40 )

5) 2.4Ghz Operating mode is not "b/g/n/ax mixed"

6) 2.4Ghz Channel is higher than 11 

I have tried everything and nothing is is making any difference. even reset the hub after all changes and nothing.

Hi there @Davebreckie 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have been facing these issues. Can I just confirm, have you tried both splitting the networks and with them together? What happens when you try to connect the TV to the WiFi rather than Ethernet? 

Are any other devices effected at all? 

only my TV is effected by this. I did see posts saying that it is wifi6 that is the problem. I am not very technically minded so not tried splitting.

I did try turning off 5ghz but it just turned off the whole wifi so I had to reset the hub to turn it back on.

Hi @Davebreckie,

As all other devices are working as they should as the problem is solely with the TV, this would indicate that there may be an issue with the TV and not router. 

Have you tried any other troubleshooting on the Samsung TV?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The TV only stopped connecting when we got the hub5. as i said people have said it could be that the TV will not connect to wifi6 which the hub5 uses

I have a wifi6 AP and my TV connects fine so likely the hub is not handling stuff that well but you can get a better router with 1Gb ports or better and use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------