cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 4 interference

dsg257
Tuning in

just been on to a agent  about a charge i got for an engineer  and he kept going on about my slow speed i was complaining about previously but he kept saying things about my network. 

1 how my devices can change the settings in the router 

2 how my power line adapters are not suitable for hub 4 security issues 

3 my new wifi pods dont work with the power line adapters properly 

4 problems spyware, virus, trojans, Antivirus

5 check my speed 

6 have unknown device registered in hub 

I then found this on virgin media care help page 

6182c05c-8f06-48c6-a11d-fbb608960372.png

Although it gave me this information none of the > take you to any info just

Oops!

Looks like something's gone wrong.

So info saying all my devices have problems but WHAT ARE THEY and how do I fix them

But some of these devices are wired to the hub Via cat 7 cables 

My broadband speed was fixed by a update to the network card . but now I need to find out about all these errors and how to fix them 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Park all of that for the time being.

What issues are you experiencing - slow speeds/buffering/connection drops etc? Specifically what? Are you on the 1GB package?

Do the problems occur on wifi and ethernet cable connected devices at the same time ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dsg257, thank you for getting in touch to bring this to our attention. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Hub 4, and WiFi PODs.

It would be good to clarify a few things - the WiFi PODs are a new and independent piece of equipment that pair directly with your hub and should be connected into a wall socket, they should not be working in tandem with powerline adapters. How do you have these set up currently? 

We can then look into the issues with your devices, as these may be associated with any WiFi POD setup issues you are having. 

I understand you were previously having speed issues that now appear resolved following a network card update - are you currently experiencing any intermittency, or connection issues? (If you can also let us know if these are via Wireless, Wired connection or both!)

Hopefully we can get this all sorted for you. Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

All the best! 

Molly

thanks for the reply guys 

I have Virgin VIP with 1Gb internet.  I only seem to notice the problems when I download or use the NAS drive but the slow speed has been going on for a while I have the Intel i225-v  which has been updated and gave me almost full speed.  I was using the hut 4 in modem mode but now in router mode on windows 11 and avast premium security. Bought new network cables cables

After finding these problems on the virgin media site I was wondering what they all meant as all the links have no information for any device it listed

I have to do this when I have the time so is a slow process. but will be trying a new network card and see if it fixes it

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think a new NIC will solve anything.  You should strip everything back to basics and try to pinpoint any problem devices.

Do a speed test in Router mode with the PC being the only device connected, and use "Safe Mode with Networking support"    Test at www.samknows.com/realspeed and post the results.

I would also recommend removing the PLA's. as yes they are handy, but don't give good performance in the real world.   Also setup a BQM and post the shared live graph  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

If you can, connect the Pods back to the Hub using a Cat 6a cable, as a wired backhaul is better than using the Pods wifi signal, as wifi is prone to interference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dsg257

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you able to try the above from the very helpful adduxi and let us know how you get on please?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs