cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 4 half speed in modem mode.

CycleCycle
Tuning in

Upgraded from 500Mb to 1Gig and from hub 3 to hub 4. All was great (980 down 50 up on Ethernet) using hub in router mode. We wanted better wifi speed and responsiveness so got a TP-link AX5400/Artcher AX73. Wifi is way better and can now change DSN as well but ethernet speed has halved. Using DSLreport for speed test i was getting around 980Mb down I now get 480Mb down. Cat 8 cable connecting Hub 4 to router and Cat 7 to my pc. Tested on two other PC's (same result) havn't tried putting the Hub 4 back into router mode. Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disabling QoS etc on the router. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disabling QoS etc on the router. 

QoS is off, i tried turning it on and putting my pc to high priority (no effect).

Connect only PC to the hub in modem mode power off hub for 2mins unplug replug ethernet cable till you get internet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

connecting just the pc to the hub in modem mode gave me 980 down 52 up, so that means its something to do with the TP-link router? Had a really frustrating couple of hours changing settings to no avail.

Although I had tried Qos and disabled it, it turns out it restarted after a router reboot. This was only visible in the TP-link Tether app and not on the direct ip management interface. After finding Qos in the homeshield tab and disabling it (again) speeds are as they should be.

Thank you all for the help, very much appreciated

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update CycleCycle,

Welcome back to the community!

I'm glad the speeds are now sorted for you, if you do face any further issues then pop back up and we'll advise further.

Take care,

Kain