cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 4 dropping wifi and kicking off wired connections

Gygirl
Tuning in

hi there i have had the hub 4 now since the 25th Feb., I decided to upgrade, from hub 3 these are my issues, day one dropped internet, engineer booked as they could see the drops, engineer failed to turn up rebooked for the Monday, spent the whole weekend rebooting the delightful hub 4, and reporting issues to virgin, what a delightful experience that is, oh restart router (wonder why I didn't think of that 🙄 ), and nothing we can do until engineer visits, yes i know was just keeping your logs up to date its still happening.

Finally Monday arrives extremely long weekend over I hoped engineer arrives, tells me its because i need to split the router, he did that changed the password, also tried telling me that i possibly have virus on connected devices, and that to could be causing it, absolute rubbish,  so i now have a split router and guess what still have drops to both wired and unwired devices.

so back to phone lines Monday night Tuesday morning, can not send out another engineer as its not been a full 24 hours, afternoon evening Wednesday afternoon,  and evening, every day someone new, same sentence we will restart your router and see what happens, shockingly i could tell them if i restart the hub they will all come back briefly,  before we start again dropping, Wednesday was a particularly great day, day 6 of  new router, please send another engineer its now been well  over 24 hours and hub is still dropping us, no we need to go through checks, so i repeated again that i have rebooted hub and it will happen again, no i will not help you until you reboot hub, she then went on in her stroppy tone talking over me that this is the only way they can help, after starting to get annoyed at her stroppy tone while complying her request, i pointed out i have rung everyday, and the issue is not fixed, her  reply was simply this every time you get a drop get a pin and restart your router, I'm on about 6 drops average a day, and have to restart equipment to get back on line are you seriously telling me this is how virgin works, yes was her reply nothing we can do to help and hung up. Shocked I'm an original ntlworld customer.

so rang back again spoke to someone else and asked them to come take their equipment, as you can not seriously expect me to keep doing this,  now this guy had a different approach, oh no he says that's not right, i can see you have had 10 drops today, lets get you a WIFI pod and see that helps, at this point if he had said try stand on one leg shouting I love virgin media I would have tried it, so i received WIFI pod next day, however I would have to unsplit the network again, so i did that and waited like the patient soul i am its now Friday afternoon and i receive a text saying that WIFI pod is now ready,  you can only imagine my excitement at this point, and guess what it didn't  make a jot of difference, and  yes its weekend again no engineers, so I spent another weekend joyfully playing reboot the hub  I did ask that he make a note so all the other staff would be able to read what is happening. I did think of ringing again yesterday, but as I had nothing  pleasant to say, decided i need a well earned day off from the frustrating chats from virgin media.

so today after more drops i thought i would try on here to see if anyone has any excellent advice, on how  to get this hub 4 to stay online, so sorry about the rant, I am out of my cooling off period on Friday so im looking for a miracle, and knowledge, before telling virgin their hub 4 needs to be rehoused by them

thank you kindly

12 REPLIES 12

yes i have spoken to advisers and many different ones the last one after going through customer relations sent a signal down the line and i actually had uninterrupted internet for 1 days, however as off yesterday we are still back in the same state as before, i have done 5 reboots since 3am this morning, so now i have to start all over again ringing to see if it is the hub or not or whether they will now send another engineer.

todays image not even dinner time yettodays image not even dinner time yet

for virgin response 10.jpg

WIFI still dropping today we are on 4 reboots already 

Hi Gygirl

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the connection issues 

I can see you have spoken with the team and arranged for a service technician to attend 

Can you please lest us know how this visit goes 

Gareth_L