cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 4.0 overheating broadband slow

xanderking1979
Tuning in

since receiving my new router it is always dropping out lights flashing or light turn to red. its boiling hot to touch  I have to keep resetting it. I can no longer put up with the mrs or kids moaning .:-( help please

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi xanderking1979

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Hub and for any inconvenience caused to you or your family. 

As you have stated the equipment is very hot, are you able to confirm if it is in the open and not in a cupboard or a location where the vents could be covered?

If the equipment is in the open and still experiencing this issues, please do let us know and also ensure that you do not leave the equipment powered up whilst unattended.

Thank you 

Nat

yes router is out in the open and has this issue.

Thank you. 

With that being the case, we are going to need to look in to this further so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab some details and we can go from there. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

jhuk
Trouble shooter

They do get quite hot, but RED is not the overheating warning the HUB4 (it is on the HUB3).

Screenshot_20211013-173648.png