cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 with solid orange light, on/off internet

ian24driver
Tuning in

Ive had a solid orange light instead of white on my hub 3 for months now, as well as this the internet signal doesn't reach parts of the house it used to and my Sons PS4 keeps disconnecting him when playing online. 

Recently upgraded my speed as I was out of contract and the staff on the chat said this may sort the problem out, it hasn't. 

Even my smart tv which is yards away struggles when its the only device using broadband.

Ive done the obvious 'rebooting' many times but no joy, 

The Hub 3 is about 4 years old now so maybe its just had it. 

Any help/advice appreciated

20 REPLIES 20

We appreciate you moving your devices away from your hub ian24driver.

As this has not resolved any issues, I have taken another quick look at your account. We can see that there is a congestion issue with your Wi-Fi which has already been pointed out.

As you are having issues with this hub and connecting your devices to it, we will need to send you a private message as it may be the hub that has the issue.

Have you ever been able to access your hub setting before with no issue? Has this issue with the password just occurred? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

hi, don’t think I’ve ever accessed the hub settings so not sure why it doesn’t recognise the password on the sticker. Feel free to private message me, thanks. 

Thanks for coming back to me ian24driver,

I'll pop you over a private message now. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

just replied. 

Thanks for confirming your details @ian24driver.

I have been looking into your account and cannot find anything that would be causing this across your connection and the local area, no faults are showing at all. 

Would you be able to setup a broadband quality using this link here, this will help us track the issue that you're having with your connection. 

Regards,

Steven_L 

hi, I'm still having problems, mainly on my sons ps4 and random reboots. I did download the above monitor you advised. any ideas/help 

Hi @ian24driver,

Are you referring to the BQM that my colleague suggested? You can set one up via the link provided and then share the live graph of that monitor with us here.

It will then allow us to have a more in-depth overview of your connection to get a better understanding of what's going on.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes that’s the one, has a graph for each day, no idea what they mean but will make sense to one of you guys. I’ll post a screen shot of yesterday when I get back home if that’s what your after? 

Hi ian24driver,

Thanks for coming back to us.

When logging in to the BQM, it should give you a link for a live graph. If you can post this, it will be better as it will give us an overview of the connection over a longer period. Screenshots of the graph are OK too but they will only give us the information at that time. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi, let me know if the live link below doesn't work, thanks

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/75f2467a89c48c329aa2db94153581b7c9d9c5d6