cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 router settings password

redhat1991
Dialled in

Hello,

I've forgotten / lost the settings password for my hub 3 router (not the WiFi password).

Following answers for similar problems I have tried multiple 'pin hole' resets I've also installed the virgin connect app, but I still cant get the router to reset to the default numeric password which I DO know.

As anyone any suggestions?

Can Virgin techs reset the router?

All help appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pinhole reset puts the 2 passwords back to those on the base sticker.

Try again on a different device and/or use a different browser. If you are on wifi change and Connect on an ethernet cable - or vica versa,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pinhole reset puts the 2 passwords back to those on the base sticker.

Try again on a different device and/or use a different browser. If you are on wifi change and Connect on an ethernet cable - or vica versa,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I had done multiple 'pin hole' resets without seemingly successfully resetting the router passwords.

For me the significant element in your response was "Try again on a different device and/or use a different browser"

I normally use Firefox, & it seemed the router had NOT 'reset' but when I tried to access it thru Opera it had.

So problem solved.
Thank You

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is probably something in the FF cache. Clear its cache and try FF again just as a check

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hello redhat1991

Hope you are okay.

Just a quick message to see if you have managed to this issue now?

Gareth_L