cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 log in issues

bassclef
Tuning in

New Hub 3 installed a few weeks ago.

I have new WiFi network password & WiFi Password.

When I try to log in to Router, it only shows one txt box for password.

Wifi network password or WiFi password gives error message

"incorrect password"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bassclef wrote:

for that prompt reply.

I'm not too keen on restting the router as I have TV, phones connected and I wouldn't like to lose their connectivity?………..

I'm not sure what the "settings" password you refer to?…….. 

To clarify JB’s reply it’s on the “underside label” (turn the Hub upside down!) and default is an 8 digit numeric ……. Which will prompt you to change it after you’ve performed a Factory Reset.…..and I’ve had Hub3’s since 4Q2015 and while I only perform a FR to typically replicate user faults I always backup my 12-16 end devices and successfully restore these afterwards via the Admin GUI. !!!   Of course as you “appear a bit Silly” I have to add “ymmv” 😛

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You use the settings password for logging in to the Hub and the wifi one is used on your wifi devices to connect to the network SSID.

If its not working then try on several devices - a laptop and try a couple of different browsers and clear there caches.

Also if you are trying on wifi - try again on on the laptop/computer connected on an ethernet cable. That usually does it.

If all that fails then do a reset as per this.....
____________________________________-
Do a Hub “pinhole reset”

With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

for that prompt reply.

I'm not too keen on restting the router as I have TV, phones connected and I wouldn't like to lose their connectivity?

So, I was able to access the router same day it was installed and, at that time, I added TV etc via WiFi settings.

I still have 2 WiFi security cameras I now need to re-connect, but keep getting incorrect password.

(That password is the same one I used with the new router,)

I'm not sure what the "settings" password you refer to?

I'm ok inside the router to add decices, but I just can't get into the router settings.

Sorry to appear a bit silly

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To get into the Hub settings in your browser’s URL box type in ...

http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if its in modem mode) - and hit return.

Then.... input the "settings" pasword from the base sticker or whatever you may have changed it to and you will be in. Then navigate to the features you want to access

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I need to take a break from this.. (frustration)

Still incorrect password.

Thanks anyway. Looks like I won't get access unless I do a reset.

Peter

@bassclef wrote:

for that prompt reply.

I'm not too keen on restting the router as I have TV, phones connected and I wouldn't like to lose their connectivity?………..

I'm not sure what the "settings" password you refer to?…….. 

To clarify JB’s reply it’s on the “underside label” (turn the Hub upside down!) and default is an 8 digit numeric ……. Which will prompt you to change it after you’ve performed a Factory Reset.…..and I’ve had Hub3’s since 4Q2015 and while I only perform a FR to typically replicate user faults I always backup my 12-16 end devices and successfully restore these afterwards via the Admin GUI. !!!   Of course as you “appear a bit Silly” I have to add “ymmv” 😛

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

found the 8 digit settings code.

still getting "incorrect password"

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The password on the underside of the Hub, is the out of the box factory one.  You say in your OP that you changed these, so the factory passwords will no longer work.

If you have forgotten your passwords, there is no way to recover them and you will need to do a full 60 second factory reset.  After this reset you will be able to use the factory passwords and you can then change these to a password of your choice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I didn't change any passwords on the new router.

Is it printed as the admin password by any chance?

If you are still struggling, we would advise to perform the factory reset - we know it's not ideal, however this would be the only next step to try, other than ensuring the password has been entered correctly. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Beth