cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 keeps disconnecting

RichieRich76
Joining in

I have a basic set up hub3 as my wireless and telephone service  which has worked fine for a number of years.  In the last week at random times throughout the day I loose internet connectivity on all devices both Wi-Fi and those connected directly to the hub by Ethernet cable . The light on the box is white  all the time and the phone still works .Once this happens I have no internet until I power down the hub and then turn it back on , at which point it works fine for a short while . 

21 REPLIES 21

Hi Bernii

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please do make your own thread and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

digicall
On our wavelength

correct.  i have been complaining and recording all the disconnections. here are the latest just thjs weekend

sat 15th of may disconnected
10.00am to 10.20am
1.00-1.45pm
2.0. 2.45pm
4.10 to 4.20 am

sun 15th of may 8.20 .to 8,34

The method they use to shy away from their responsibilities is so pathetic.   after complaining I got a call from their so called help tech.  This was after i had called and passed security.  of course he asked me for first , second, and 8th letter of my password. After telling him that, he said they are wrong and i have not passed security so he said he cant help me and dropped the phone. i have had the same password which i use to log on to may account to pay bills and view everything else, yet he says i gave him a wrong password so he cant help.

Hi @digicall,

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for the trouble you have had with this. I have located your account and can see there is an issue with your downstream levels being out of spec. As such I will need to book you an engineer appointment. 

I will need to verify your address before this can be arranged so I will pop you a PM now 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

digicall
On our wavelength

Hi,

We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through.

Your complaint was about:
Broadband > Faults > Connection Problems 

We’ve looked into it – here’s our findings:
We see you contacted our team regarding intermittent broadband connection.
There could have been an issue with the home network setup as there are no fault or outage on the Virgin Media network and we haven't identified any potential issue which would cause slow speeds. Even devices which are not occasionally reset may perform strangely and cause unexpected problems.

digicall
On our wavelength

We all know they never rang me

Sorry your issues are ongoing @digicall

I did respond to your private message on Monday.  Did you verify my answer by the link provided?

Regards

Lee

digicall
On our wavelength

yes i verified the link but i think i have had enough now with the lack of service from virgin andi have asked a solicitior to look into the matter.

digicall
On our wavelength

thanks but i think the whole service is out of sync. i have already booked an engineer but i still keep getting letters saying they tried to contact me and blah d blah.

i have now gone legal because i am determined to get out of this contract where it is all collect money and provide no service.

I have now had 4 hrs of broadband in the whole of june yet your system for some reason keeps sending messages that i have been connecting.

After spending over an hour on the phone to VM, spoke to 4 people and got nowhere with the exact same issue, I now have an engineer coming out to me to check my system to see if the hub needs replacing. How do you check a system that is intermittent ??? Not impressed.

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, JasonMCM,

If online or remote diagnostics aren't able to resolve your issue it will require a visit. Let us know how the visit goes. 

You can also view or reschedule visits online here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-manage-engineer-appointment

Cheers,

Corey C