cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 ipv6 firewall settings

barrett862
Tuning in

After i change my firewall settings ( ipv4 firewall) the ipv6 firewall setting appear to the right of the screen. I can see that firewall protection,port scan detection and ip flood protection are all ticked.

Why am i not allowed to change these selections to off?

Would these ipv6 settings be interfering with my vpn?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM for their residential service in the UK have not implemented IPv6. Therefore any IPv6 setting you see on the Hub3 are irrelevant. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM for their residential service in the UK have not implemented IPv6. Therefore any IPv6 setting you see on the Hub3 are irrelevant. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

branedy
Joining in

Which OS are you using? I just had VM installed last week and I now see all my IPv6 devices out on the Internet.  

chenks
Community elder
VM residential doesn't support IPv6.

If VM doesn't support IPv6, then why can I ping them FROM the internet?

chenks
Community elder
post the ping and tracert showing you pinging an IPv6 address from inside your network to an IP address outside your network.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you in Ireland by any chance? VM Ireland have ipv6, but VM in the UK don’t 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andrewkp
Dialled in

You could check on a website like

ipv6-test. com

for your external facing ipv6 status.