cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 can't delete manual port forwarding rule

bradymd
Tuning in

Good Morning everyone.

I created a port forwarding rule on this hub 3 but now can't delete it. Any ideas? I'm assuming this normally works. The rule I put in, the IP doesn't exist any more. Reading the other post I have played with turning UpNp  off/on  (not sure why tbh) and rebooting.  I can't put a replacement rule in because this stubborn rule is referring to the port I'm interested in.

🙂  OK well .. any ideas as I don't normally do these type of things. If it's working for everyone else I guess thats useful to know also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Hero

Hub 3 has browser issues with some functions ( Diagnostic test, DHCP Reserved list )

Re-try the task in a different browser.   

E.g. swap from Chrome to Firefox or do the reverse.

Well I was very excited to try that but no luck ... tried a different computer also just in case .. 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for that - I had seen that and had unreserved the IP in DHCP.

Just now I had two rules for the same IP. The IP was still not reserved. I tried to delete both. And hurray! One of them went.

OK I still consider that a success!   Maybe tomorrow I should try again to delete the other one.

Hi @bradymd, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. 👋🏼

May I ask if you've tried to reset the Virgin Media hub?
Pop a pin in the reset pin hole for 40 seconds and this will reset the entire hub.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, would that lose all my configuration settings.?

I will write down what settings are important and consider doing this . 

Thanks 

LOL ok, completely wiping all settings certainly did erase the one setting that I couldn't remove. Was a bit of a hammer to crack a nut though. I didn't get lynched - so I must have put everything back in place 🙂   

Anyway, the stubborn forward rule that wouldn't delete certainly has been deleted now.

Thank-you 

Thank you for the update @bradymd 

Glad to hear the rule has now been deleted. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ybozkurt1
Joining in