cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp Deskjet 2540 and Virgin Hub 5 router won’t pair despite both blue lights flashing .

jeremy5
Joining in

Try numerous times to pair the Hub5 and the printer using the WPS button and the printer wifi icon . Just won’t pair.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @jeremy5

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the Hub 5. 

Did the helpful advise from @newapollo resolve this for you?

If you do want to revert to the Hub 3, please let me know and I can help you with that. 

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No nothing worked . I am now without a printer. I would welcome any help at all. I do not have my original router

@jeremy5 firstly please allow @Vikki_M to do what she can to help with this, but bottom line, you absolutely need to have an earlier model hub supplied to you and the Hub 5 returned.

In extremis, and she isn’t able to help, you call 150 and follow the thinking of leaving us option, when you get through, demand to leave VM immediately without penalty on the grounds of them supplying you equipment which doesn’t work, as evidenced by posts here from VM employees, admitting that the Hub 5 in is ‘early stages’ rollout, features aren’t working and were you told in advance of being offered a Hub 5 that it wasn’t entirely feature complete? No, ah well regulators and Courts (should push come to shove) really don’t like the lack of ‘informed consent’

Give up with the Hub 5 right now and for your uses it is broken and doesn’t work.

Vikki, well still no joy and still without a printer. As I said I do not have the original router but I think the best thing is to get this Hub 5 replaced. It plainly does not work and has issues that need to be resolved. Perhaps you can advise what Virgin Media are going to do next. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Thank you for that Jeremy5. Have you had any other devices you have tried to pair?

^Martin

Everything else is fine. Still no printer and no replacement router. Thanks Virgin

To anyone on the Virgin Forum team.

The situation continues as before. Since installing this rubbish Hub 5 I have been without a printer as the new hub refuses to pair with it. It has been reported on here as well as a lengthy phone call with Virgin and nothing has been done to help, although Virgin has offered to send me a hub 3 for £35, or join the Gadget Recovery for a one off cost of £60 or £5 per month. Nice of them !   So they con me into accepting a so called upgrade, send me a Hub that plainly has issues, put me in a situation that I no longer have a printer and want to charge me for putting right. So just what are you going to do about it ? I presume that it will be exactly the same as before. Absolutely nothing ! Pathetic and totally unacceptable customer service.

Anyone else in the same situation and if so how is it being rectified ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
When life gives you lemons get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

thanks but not really helpful

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@jeremy5 wrote:

thanks but not really helpful

give it time

---------------------------------------------------------------