cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get wifi pod

dddougal
Tuning in

everytime i do a scan on the connect app in my office or upstairs bedroom the result is very poor...i click through or more info but there is nowhere to get it free. im on volt package so it should be free, but it tries to charge me for wifimax.

how the heck do i get this free wifi pod?!?? i currently have no wifi in half my house.

6 REPLIES 6

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

WIFI max includes pods and you can order them through there from what i have read, else call VM CS and order them or wait and let a mod contact you and order one through here.

They will only order you 1, if you need another you need to wait a week after receiving the first and repeat if you need a third. 

Cheers, everything to do with virgins customer service is infuriating. Nothing they do is ever smooth and striaght forward.

I can get through to the wifi max order page, but the pods are supposed to be free if you are on volt and this page seems to want to charge me an extra.... Il wait and see if an agent contacts me on here, if not i guess il have to wrangle with the phone system.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
try this
______

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room and it’s now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey dddougal, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with trying to order a pod.

The best way to get a pod order is download the Virgin Connect app, from here do a scan.

If the scan picks up that you need a pod it will allow you to order some.

However they can be chargeable depending what package you on.

They are free on Volt, 1GB or Oomph bundles. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

hi mat,

iv got the app, it tells me i need them but when i get through to the virgin media account theres no way to get them free.

i have a volt account.

Hi dddougal

Thanks for coming back to the thread, I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and ordered a Pod. 

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 
• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues > https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill