Menu
speedy_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

how do i get a new router

how do i get a new router as i got a old one and the wifi i have to keep resetting

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i get a new router

Do you also have problems on a wired connection? May not be a hub problem, often these type of problems are actually a circuit problem. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
speedy_uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

there is no problem with the wired connection its just the WiFi  problem

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could try for a "free" Hub3 replacement - see the link below. If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,5 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have a Superhub1 then you can easily get a Hub3, but it will not necessarily improve your WiFi. SuperHub2’s will depend on the agent you speak to, but as it’s only WiFi problem it’s not really within VM’s remit to fix. Please read the details about improving WiFi on the board. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos