cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I stop this happening again please. IT came from no reply email at VM

cybmole
Community elder

"Hello xxxx,

The Intelligent WiFi technology in your Hub has spotted that by making a small change to your Hub settings, you could enjoy faster speeds to any 5G-ready devices at home.

Changing your Hub settings is nice and simple – we’ll do it for you remotely, so there’s nothing you need to do. "

THE LAST TIME THEY DID IT REMOTELY, AFTER ASKING FIRST AND BEING TOLD NO, THEY DELETED MY 5g ssid NAME, CAUSING MUCH GRIEF

for the record, i have meeasured download speed to my android tablets, and with 2 separete SSIDs like I have now, they are way faster on the 5gHz SSIS, than they are on a simgle combined SSID - which is what VM keep changing it to

what ever happened to user preferences. AM I no longer allowed to have a preference unless I go buy my own router and stick theirs in modem mode ?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - vm STAFF- GET MY ACCOUNT FLAGGED AS " LEAVE IT LIKE IT IS NOW , AND STOP WITH THIS REMOTE OPTIMISATION "HELP" 

if it helps, please remove/disable the "intelligent wifi" service from my contract package bundle , it surely can't cost me more to NOT have that enabled

1 REPLY 1

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@cybmole wrote:

what ever happened to user preferences. AM I no longer allowed to have a preference unless I go buy my own router and stick theirs in modem mode ?

You have no say in user preferences VM knows best! so go buy that router and use modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------