cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i port forward on my hub 5 as my game server can not be seen help please

antony212
Tuning in

i am trying to get my server back up with all this speed with hub 5, but it can only be seen by my pc or LAN so its a poor show as BT and talk talk let you do it easy but not virgin media or am i missing some thing please point me in the way or send me a link to some master mind that done a video of how easy it is to do it. seen some one saying you have to change mode but that mean no wifi and buying new router my as well return this stuff and go back to old company as it work there with out the head slap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
well you can go back to your old ISP because it not going to get any better unless you get a better router.
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
well you can go back to your old ISP because it not going to get any better unless you get a better router.

ok sorted out the server been seen aka port forwarding but problem it when people try to link to my server so after number of test it looks like it 

IPv4 firewall

Firewall protection  Enabled (blocks people from joining my server, but removing it there can join so why is it that i have forwarding info put in there but it still blocks it pc fire walls and security firewall all sorted as it been tested on bt internet and couple more and it work so why virgin.

IP and port filtering and 

Port forwarding and 

Port triggering and 

DMZ sorted

but still there can not join unless i remove IPv4 firewall Firewall protection why as after number of phone calls to virgin it like nobody at virgin know there own gear so unless i can see change i am off to BT

Hi @anthony212 thanks for your post here in the Community.

Unfortunately, we don't assist with Port Forwarding/Modem Mode as this can generally mean a third party router is involved.

However, you've mentioned WiFI issues with speed, have these now been resolved since your original post?

Many thanks

Tom_W

first please try to spell name right second then try to read what i asked i did not ask(you've mentioned WiFI issues with speed) like did you read what i asked me thinks not must try harder. answer the question Firewall protection Enabled (blocks people from joining my server, but removing it there can join so why is it that i have forwarding info put in there but it still blocks it pc fire walls and security firewall all sorted as it been tested on bt internet and couple more and it work so why virgin.

Because they never wanted to do router mode they had to (in there mind) copy other ISP like BT thinking many simple users will go to other ISP and not them. This thing they needed to support NAT and the testing they did not care about. Its why you should/must use modem mode.