cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hive hub

smwhyler
Tuning in

hi i have recently bought hive heating and i am struggling to connect the hub to virgin router via ethernet cable. does anyone know if you have to change any router settings to enable this ? i have tried to contact virgin but cannot find a phone number and no one is answering on live chat other than bot boy!!! 

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you please explain further the problems you are encountering connecting the Ethernet cable?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

the ethernet cable is connected fine, it is the hive hub which will not connect to the internet/router. the ethernet connection is fine as i have checked this via connecting a laptop. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@smwhyler wrote:

hi i have recently bought hive heating and i am struggling to connect the hub to virgin router via ethernet cable. does anyone know if you have to change any router settings to enable this ? i<snip>

No settings need changed on the Hub as it's working correctly with your laptop.  Can you do a factory reset on the Hive unit to see if this will allow it to pick up an IP address?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i dont think there is a factory reset on the hive hub other than powering off and on, i will have to contact hive again

Are you in modem mode ?

no i have tried that and it still wont connect plus i lose all wifi from the router

carl_pearce
Community elder

Do you have a spare switch, something like below?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-LS1005G-Wallmount-Ethernet-Splitter/dp/B07VWB347G/ref=psdc_43057303...

From what I've read it could be the Hive Hub is trying to negotiate a speed to connect that the HUB doesn't like.

Not sure if putting a switch in between, using two ethernet cables, will help.

problem solved, hive returned to toolstation who exchanged it without fuss. must have been a faulty hub.

Hi @smwhyler thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Thanks for updating the thread to advise us that your issue is resolved.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R