cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a wifi pod

GavinWalker
Joining in

We just got Gig1 Fibre Broadband with a hub 6. We have a large house, with four storeys and with our last package (350Mps) needed three boosters. I told the Virgin rep who arranged the new package with me this and asked if we could get boosters but he insisted that with Gig1 you don't need any, regardless of the size of your house and he actively recommended against them. I now find you can get wifi pods (which he never mentioned). These are needed because, as expected, connectivity and speed are poor at the top of the house (two floors up from the hub) and esp in the front room (the hub is in a room at the back of the house). I would like to get a wifi pod. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this..
_________

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  150 or  0345 454 1111 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

Note they wont send 3 - they are ordered one at a time with a week's gap in between.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GavinWalker,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Firstly I'd like to apologise for not being advised that the Pod's can be ordered.

I've dropped you a PM to discuss further. 

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain