Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: faulty router replacement

you are assuming a fault and that it will be solved by changing the hub - changing the hub if you have a SH1 is certainly worth while and would be changed as a matter of course - so which hub have you got 

you are also assuming that just because you have a bad signal a few feet from the hub the hub is at fault - yes - maybe but no - maybe as well 

the wifi can be affected by many things - cordless phones - microwaves - baby monitors and certainly by other more powerful hubs in your area

VM will change the hub if its a SH1 - if you get through to CS they may well send you a new one - offshore are closed at the moment they would have sent one - they give them out like sweets 

so back to my question as a start point which hub do you have - have you looked what other hubs are around you using inSSIDer or similar and checked what channels they are user in regards to the channels you are on

to say your hub is faulty just because you wifi is bad is not logical - you need to look at many other things first

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: faulty router replacement

My hub is a three, I am experiencing a fault only on wi-fi, it was virgin themselves who last checked the logs and sent out a replacement, I am a 69-year-old who lives on my own, my wife is Thai, but I can't live over there as I have had 5 heart attacks so far, all I wanted was a way to get in touch with virgin, not go down paths that I have been down so many times, it has been reset, hade the channels changed yes I have a microwave that I use for a few minutes each week but I don't have any baby monitors, I also have a camera so my sons (both mid-40s) can check I'm not on the floor this is why I have 3 amazon echos so I can call out when I collapse with low blood pressure . if you have any suggestions how I can contact virgin I will be grateful, but I can't ask my son to come to my home to help me till this virus danger is over . yours gilkouk   

0 Kudos