cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evidence for moving out of network area

cherryvalley
Joining in

Hello all!! I have cancelled my contract and the equipment is due to be collected so that's all sorted. I have a pending charge of £240 that I understand is the early disconnection fee.

I have spoken via the messenger to someone who confirmed that my new address is out of VM network area and therefore I don't have to pay the fee - she said that I would be emailed within 24 hours with a request for evidence which I already have ready. It's been a week or so and the date that the money is meant to be taken out is creeping up on me - I have not been able to get through to anyone else on the messenger. How can I send this evidence and where to or do I have to wait to be contacted ?? 

I'm just worried about falling through the net and if possible would really like to not pay in the first place rather than just get paid back later on. Does anyone know what I can do here ?? Thanks !!

22 REPLIES 22

sophieanddale
Joining in

Hello

Think the messenger has you mistaken. They will always be a disconnection fee capped at £240 for when ending you're contract early. Regardless of if you are moving. You're virgin contract will have this stated when taking the contract that you will incur a early termination fee, even if moving outside VM network. 

Best bet would be to get onto cancellations at VM phone support.

Dale

I believe it's a fairly new policy but I have been told by multiple vm staff (both over phone and online) that if you move out of their service area you do not have to pay the fee, as long as you give evidence

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That is correct - VM changed their policy earlier this year. They will reimburse or not take the EDF once you provide proof of your address - Council tax/Utility bill from your new address with your name on it.

Keep copies

I would just call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.01 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore - see what they say

You could also try the same address you send cancellations to....

Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name, previous address and all account details.
Then a cover letter to show the EDF charge and your proof of new address - I would add in a screen shot from the VM website showing that address as unserviceable

Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival. Keep all records

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cherryvalley 

VM are supposed to take any outstanding payment when  the final bill is produced and then refund the monies providing you send the accepted documents showing your new address which must be in the UK (bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill) within 30 days of the account closing either by email to 

HomeMovers@virginmedia.co.uk

or  by post with paper copies to Virgin Media, Sunderland SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cherryvalley

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear about your concerns over your early disconnection fees. You should have had an email for the movers team with information on how to submit your evidence and proof of address. Can you confirm if you have had this email and if you have sent any proof to us? If so, when you have sent this? 

The team are normally back in touch within 72 hours after receiving this information.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, I have not received this email or anything similar. I have sent my bank statements to the homemovers email address that another user has commented but heard nothing back. Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @cherryvalley, can you please confirm if you are still awaiting a response?

If so, when was the E-Mail sent to our team with the proof of the new address?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi, I have still heard nothing from anywhere. I emailed proof of new address HomeMovers@virginmedia.co.uk on the 19th September. Thanks !

Hey cherryvalley, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you still have not heard back.

However not to to worry because of the bank holiday last week there may be a delay, but the team will look into this for you.

It can take around 10 working days for a reply, please do keep us updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?