Menu
Highlighted
SJJ678
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

diagnostics show weak WiFi signal Hub3

Hope someone can help. Can't get through to online chat.

I have checked the diagnostics on my router(192.168.0.1) after finding that two android phones, an amazon alexa and a kindle either no longer connect to the internet or connect occasionally. All other devices using Wi-Fi seem to be running very slowly, pages take a very long time to load and diagnostics show a lot of problems.

I have not changed any device or bought any new ones, I haven’t updated anything or moved anything to a different place, and the router is in the same place it has always been in. I have previously had no problems at all.

My diagnostics at the moment show broadband, telephone and Ethernet all ok (although telephone is not connected to the router, it is separate) The Wi-Fi shows a red triangle and the report says ‘your home network has a few problems’ 

There are 17 points listed. One and two say the broadband connection is working and the IPv4 address is valid.

Points fifteen, sixteen and seventeen   say your connection is ready, the temperature of the hub is normal and there is no telephone service.

Points three to thirteen say ‘the device has low signal strength, please move it closer to….’ It then lists a different device for each point to be moved closer to the hub 3 because the signal strength is low. Point fourteen says ‘please place your Wi-Fi device near the hub 3.

I have looked at the answers on your site but have not resolved the problems after trying various suggestions. I have tried re-naming the 5ghz but this didn’t make a difference and the phones that don’t connect all the time are on the 2.4ghz band. I have disconnected and reconnected everything, including the home plugs. I have done the same with the router and have even tried rebooting it, but nothing made any difference at all. Your diagnostic page in service status shows no problems.

I have run the diagnostics check over the past week or so, the WiFi status always shows the same weak signal problems but sometimes the red triangle warning icon is also against the broadband service, one of the points says ‘your broadband connection is down’ but I can still connect to the internet, receive mail etc.

Under router status in diagnostics the network log keeps showing no ranging response, partial service or something missing although I have no idea if this is relevant.

Is it the router that is faulty and causing these problems?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: diagnostics show weak WiFi signal Hub3

Have you done the pinhole reset to factory settings ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SJJ678
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have, more than once!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SJJ678

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your upstream power levels are too low. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide