cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

devices connect to WiFi but don't have internet access

innesm
Joining in

It seems like a common problem with the hub 3.0 that many other people have suffered from: Devices will connect to WiFi fine but not have internet access. Meanwhile other WiFi connected devices do have internet access.

At the weekend, my phone suffered from it. Yesterday, my TV didn't have internet access. Last night my phone again had trouble connecting to the internet, but eventually it just started working. Today it's my work PC (had internet access until I after rebooted it). Since I have been reading this forum on my phone and writing this post, looks like the PC got connected.

All devices show up as connected to WiFi on the hub's admin website.

What should I do? Do I need a replacement broadband router?

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi innesm,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with the connectivity of some of your devices to your hub. I can imagine how frustrating that must be. It is certainly an odd issue.

I can see from here that you are experiencing some capacity issues on your 2.4ghz WiFi signal, so it could be possible that when your devices are switching to this signal, the connection is being lost.

Can you please try factory resetting your hub and let us know if that changes anything?

Thanks

Beth

Will do, again - I tried a factory reset at the weekend and it didn't improve things.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks @innesm, how did you get on with the Factory Reset? Are you still experiencing connection issues? Please do keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Best wishes,

Serena

It didn't work, or at least I'm back to the same behaviour now. I couldn't get my TV to connect earlier until I added a static IP for it, and currently my phone won't connect since I left the house and returned.

I

@innesm wrote:

. I couldn't get my TV to connect earlier until I added a static IP for it,

Nope, TV is again not connected tonight.

Hi @innesm,

I am very sorry to hear that this issue appears to be ongoing for you today. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at things. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @innesm,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could have a closer look over things.

As discussed, I've arranged for a technician visit to go ahead. I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!