cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant dropouts

Bigt2811
Joining in

my wifi and internet is constantly dropping out several times a day ive had a new hub and an engineer out who put a line attenuator on as they said the signal was coming in to high im at my wits end and cant get through to anyone so going to leave as ive had enough of paying £30 a month for broadband and havi to use my mobile data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@Bigt2811 wrote:

my wifi and internet is constantly dropping out several times a day ive had a new hub and an engineer out who put a line attenuator on as they said the signal was coming in to high im at my wits end and cant get through to anyone so going to leave as ive had enough of paying £30 a month for broadband and havi to use my mobile data

Are you asking for help or just venting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@Bigt2811 wrote:

Are you asking for help or just venting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

both

Well you’re either leaving or looking for assistance.

What exactly is dropping out?

wifi is constantly dropping even when in the same room as the hub i have a lot of devices connected including light switches sockets heating cctv phones and computers

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Bigt2811,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with out broadband.

I located your account using your forums details, I can see you are being effected with Upstream signal issues. I will send you a private message so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming your details in private @Bigt2811.

I have checked and the is an SNR outage in your area, which is the cause of your Upstream being out of spec.

Reference - F009571872

Estimated fixture time - 20/02/22 9:00am, but this is subject to change.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide