cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting amazon devices

andynic1972
On our wavelength

cant connect any of  my amazon device with alexa app to my new virgin any ideas please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you reset the Wifi credentials on them to the new Wifi info?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

g0akc
Problem sorter

Presumably this is by Wi-Fi?  Which devices?  Echo/Echo dot?

Were the devices connected to another hub/router previously?

Follow the advice on Amazon website to update the wireless settings;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GKC33PUJZTSDWQK6

If you cannot see your new hub's Wi-Fi look at separating the bands - login to the hub and give 2.4GHz and 5GHz different names to see if that resolves it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Please do not double post, it becomes confusing. You have already asked this in the "Quickstart" section. It's also against the Forum rules.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

billbill
Up to speed

what exactly is the issue?

Your dots, for example will still be trying to connect to your old wi-fi. You need to put them into pairing mode. This then gives a bluetooth connection to the dot, to allow wi-fi to be setup.

It is also possible to monkey around with them from your Amazon account.

(27) How to Put Amazon Echo Dot in Pairing Mode - YouTube

andynic1972
On our wavelength

its just my echos my echo dots connected no problems my echo is older so that might be issue but was working on bt no probs 

new to all this lol

Have you reset the Wifi credentials on them to the new Wifi info?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

all sorted and connected up now took a while but eventually done cheers