cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusing bill

Anna00
Joining in

A couple of days ago I received an email saying my direct debit didn’t go through so I made a payment straight away to avoid a late fee. 

today when i logged in it says a payment was made on the 15th, which is when i payed for the failed direct debit. but it also says there’s a payment from the 9th of december. 

so now it says i’ve payed double the amount for my bill. but it also says that the original payment is still due because the direct debit failed… i’m very confused 

does anyone know what i should do?

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin wouldn't email you to say that the direct debit failed, this will be a scam email, if you clicked on any links I would advise you to run an anti virus and if you entered your bank details to contact your bank 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vmteam@virginmedia.co.uk

that is the email account that emailed me.

it seems quite legit because i double checked on the virgin media account and in the direct debit bit there was a warning saying that i couldn’t set it up because i had to fulfil the payment first. And after making the payment i got another email saying the direct debit was reinstated. I doubt it was a scam because the money I payed is showing on the account 

Hi Anna00 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of any confusion around your billing.  I think we need to take a closer look at this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R