cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint

Mickmac1963
Joining in

My virgin WIFI has been playing up for the last ten weeks or more. When I finally get through the automated system to a customer adviser, we have asked for an engineer to come out. We have been told that a replacement unit will be sent in the next 5 working days, we have explained that the broadband unit has been flashing the green wi-fi and the WPS led and when this happens the internet goes down, I have just finished talking to a lovely lady who kept on apologising for our problem . When the internet goes down my Virgin Media TV GO App asks me to sign in and when I enter the correct username and pass word it states that either the user name or pass word is incorrect.. We have spoken to 4 customer advisers in the last 2 days, but for unknown reasons they have not logged in our fault. I phoned the customer Help Line and the automated system stated that an engineer had been allocated to this address. But the lovely lady I spoke to eventually stated that there was no record of a request for an engineer and she could not help us any further. My father the account holder has explained his dissatisfaction with the company on all the phone calls  and emails regarding this fault, and has told them that he has no choice but to refer this matter to an Ombudsman.

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mickmac1963

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues and the confusing information given. 

There is a work order attached to the account which goes through ton the fault management team. However that's not for an engineer. I also need to clarify, the TV Go issue would be separate to the broadband issue, the two not linked at all. I can see the router was ordered and this can take 5 working days to arrive. 

From a system check done, of the levels of SNR (signal to noise ratio), is out of spec on the upstream. This will need a tech to arrive so I shall PM you now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mickmac1963

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Kind regard,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill