cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking which cables I need

LOGORMAN
Joining in

Evening,

We are re decorating our house and want to get rid of unused cables both internally and externally.  I am unsure which are the cables we currently need and am loathed to remove any incase it effects our braodband service.

Is it possible to get someone round to check which cables we need please? 

We have a broken outside brown box too so maybe when they come to fix that they can quickly check?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

LOGORMAN
Joining in

I have the same issue and need to get it replaced - please can you let me know how I get this done please?

LOGORMAN
Joining in

Evening,

We are re decorating our house and want to get rid of unused cables both internally and externally.  I am unsure which are the cables we currently need and am loathed to remove any incase it effects our braodband service.

Is it possible to get someone round to check which cables we need please? 

We have a broken outside brown box too so maybe when they come to fix that they can quickly check?

Thanks

Hi LGOROMAN, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this Omni box repaired, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Can I firstly ask if you're a Virgin Media customer, or non-customer? This will let me know whether I need to book an engineer via your services or go down a different route to get an engineer to your property.

If you are a Virgin Media customer with services, is this damaged box affecting your services? 

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Morning,

I am a virgin media customer.  Our brown box cover is fallen off and needs fixing.

as far as the cables go we just want to know which are the ones that we need for broadband / TV (which we don’t currently pay for but might in the future) and which we can get rid of - there seem to be so many cables and I just don’t think we need them all! Some have been cut by the previous owners already but I don’t want to do this.

thanks

louise

Hey LOGORMAN, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry your brown box is broken.

We can look at getting this fixed for you, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

THE DAMAGED BOX ISNT EFFECTING OUR SREVICES BUT CABLES ARE EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS SO THEY COULD EFFECT IT IN THE FUTURE.

THANKS

LOUISE

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a bit of internet advice - posting in all capitals is generally regarded as shouting.

https://newrepublic.com/article/117390/netiquette-capitalization-how-caps-became-code-yelling 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I was in a rush and didnt want to delete and reply!