Menu
Highlighted
Caz
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

changing from 5GHz to 2.4GHz

For the last few days I am constantly having to change my mobiles and ipads from 5GHz to 2.4GHz and vice versa. My desktop does this automatically I expect as it doesn't effect it. It also effects Amazon Echo. Its getting very annoying. I have rebooted the hub but it is still doing it. I can no longer rely on been able to control lights ect. via Alexa.

Does anyone know whats going on?

0 Kudos
scarty16
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing from 5GHz to 2.4GHz

do the 5ghx and 2.4 ghz have the same ssid?

0 Kudos
Caz
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes except for the -5GHz or -2.4GHz at the end.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ok so separate ssid's. Then your iPad should see both networks labelled as such in its "Choose a Network" menu in Settings>Wi-FI. What happens when you select them in turn and connect to them? Then what happens when yu move around the house. If you lose connection on 1 ssid the iPad should just auto connect to the other one - assuming you have connected to it before and inputted the password. If it tries to connect to some other "rogue" network just click on "Forget that Network"

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On the iPad against the SSID there is a symbol of an ‘i’ in a circle, click this and make sure you have “auto-join” ON.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos