cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't upgrade my old vmdg480 hub

martwright
Tuning in

my hub is old and cranky. others seem able to upgrade but my attempts just get bogged down using the various links that have been suggested.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @martwright

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the hub issues. 

You do need a tech visit though as some of your downstream levels are out of spec.

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi martwright,

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. This can be tracked and re-arranged if needed, in your online account

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks once more John,

Engineer visited and replaced hub with a newer model which works great!

Martin

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for taking the time to pop back and update us on how the engineer visit went. 

We're really glad things are resolved for you now and you're happy with your new hub. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care in the meantime. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs