cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cable pull fail

On our wavelength

Hi an update regarding our Red light on hub3 .

The engineer came promptly on the 15th oct and diagnosed the red light indicated a firmware update fail additionally also detected a poor broadband strength, he did a external check from the main junction box and said our issues were due to a faulty cable from the junction box down the road to our house.

He then ordered a re-pull to replace our cable on the 28th Oct.

No one turned up on the 28th at the end of the day we received a text to say they were not coming till the 11th Nov.

No one turned up on the 11th i chased this via whats app and then received a text to say they now are not going to come till the 25th Nov !

This now means we will be expected to endure a slow to intermittent to no broadband for a homeworking household for about 6 weeks.

I think you would agree this cant be right ?

thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

who can argue with a tech and i certainly cannot on the cable repull - i assume he did some tests but in the light of his other comment that a firmware update is causing the red light on the hub3 then the rest is open to question

a red light is caused by the led and its circuit being faulty or the hub is reporting its over heating - thats assuming you are not in modem mode

did he change the hub and if so has the red light gone back to white or do you still have the original hub with a red light - if so it wants changing - the thread has been flagged so let VM get involved with that

as to poor speeds or whatever - how are you testing - wired or wifi - post some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

it may well be that the cable needs replacing and [again] VM can look at that but the urgent bit is to replace the hub if it still has a red light

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

who can argue with a tech and i certainly cannot on the cable repull - i assume he did some tests but in the light of his other comment that a firmware update is causing the red light on the hub3 then the rest is open to question

a red light is caused by the led and its circuit being faulty or the hub is reporting its over heating - thats assuming you are not in modem mode

did he change the hub and if so has the red light gone back to white or do you still have the original hub with a red light - if so it wants changing - the thread has been flagged so let VM get involved with that

as to poor speeds or whatever - how are you testing - wired or wifi - post some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

it may well be that the cable needs replacing and [again] VM can look at that but the urgent bit is to replace the hub if it still has a red light

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again 90110

After our Pm this morning regarding the repull

I was needing to arrange an engineer to attend to swap this hub over

The red light does indeed mean a fault with the hub 

As we have passed security already I shall book an engineer back out and PM you the appointment time

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again 90110

The repull being booked on will not allow an appointment to be booked in 

Can you please 

Try a pinhole reset on the Hub

Make sure the hub is well ventilated and not in direct sunlight 

Once the hub has settled down 

Can you please let me know if the light is still showing red 

Sorry to have messed you about 

Gareth_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hello again 90110

The repull being booked on will not allow an appointment to be booked in 

Can you please 

Try a pinhole reset on the Hub

Make sure the hub is well ventilated and not in direct sunlight 

Once the hub has settled down 

Can you please let me know if the light is still showing red 

Sorry to have messed you about 

Gareth_L

with respect - here we go again - do a reset - yes i know its a good idea but its not going to change the light colour - the earlier tech wants sorting - he was talking rubbish if he did not know taht he needs some training

will you be happy on behalf of VM @Gareth_L if the hub catches fire - are you prepared to take that responsibility - i hope so - if not find a way to get a tech there or post a hub out

Tony.
Sacked VIP

On our wavelength

Hi

I have done the pinhole reset and the light has still remained red. The hub has always been in an open space out of the sun.

I have read tonys post on the forum who seems to think the red light could be a safety issue?

As i said in the private chat we have to use the broadband for home working (even though it is intermittent and slow) so cannot leave it off. 

Please can we resolve this as a priority. 

Thank you

Ian 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have flagged the thread again in the mean time

with the poor info from the tech about the red light lets see the levels - it may be the repull is also a figment of his imagination

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for flagging again Tony 

Hi 90110

I have mailed the Field Manager for your area 

Explained the situation as the last Technician should have swapped the Hub over 

As we have a repull booked in we are unable to manually book another appointment util it had been completed 

So I needed to escalate this for you 

I cannot say exactly when we will be round only other than as soon as possible  

Gareth_L