cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband

bushrod
Joining in

its been impossible to work over the last 24 days as the internet has been down regularly every day.My post code is WF2 7PY,is there are problem in my area?lf so,why is it taking so long to be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try he “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try he “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bushrod

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing service issues, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

You can check for any known issues in your area here, if nothing is listed on the homepage, you can sign in to run further diagnostics. 

I've managed to locate your account from the information provided on your profile, and I can see there is a short term connectivity issue affecting service currently. This is usually resolved within 24 hours. 

How have things been since posting? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My connection has got steadily worse and after being on many websites,it seems that my hub is now kaput but l can't keep my connection long enough to register the complaint on live chat

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bushrod, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for the issues you've had with your broadband. I've taken a look into this today and when running in-depth checks it's clear there are numerous issues that will require further attention. We'll likely need to arrange an engineer visit, please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to get this sorted.

Tom 

Things are no better,my internet is still dropping off regularly.l've tried everything l've been advised with it to do but it hasn't made any difference,l was told on !8/8/2020 that would be getting a telephone call from a technician but l haven't had one.This has been going on for % weeks now,it's not acceptable.

Hello bushrod

Did you manage to send a PM like we asked you to?

If not, then I will send you one 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi,l had an engineer out 3 weeks ago and he said it was the indoor cabling and replaced it.lt was ok at first then l had to start reconnecting to the net via Windows.Sometimes this worked and other times l had to restart my hub.This went on for about a week so l reset my hub but it made no difference.l'm having to reconnect or reset 3/4 times a day and the internet is very slow.l've run 3 independent speed checks and the average is 26 mbps which is unacceptable.

Hi bushrod, 

Thanks for your update and apologies to hear that you are continuing to have some issues. 

Checking the account and hub status it looks as though your power levels need adjusting. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi bushrod,

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs