Menu
Dan_Kelkar
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

broadband

broadband keeps dropping on mobiles but works on laptop. What could be the reason?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband

what models of mobiles do you have?, is it also wireless on the laptop?, what hub do you have?, what have you tried already?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Dan_Kelkar

Thanks for posting and sorry for broadband issues. How's things been since messaging? 

If the same, is it only affecting wireless connections? Are wired connections fine? 

You can check here for any service issues. Simply click the link, and then when the page loads, enter your postcode only and press search. This'll bring up any area faults that are known. If none are listed, then you can sign into the checker. To do this, you'll need to log in using your My Virgin Media online account details. When you've logged in, you'll see an option to 'run service test'. Click that on the affected service; in this case it'd be the broadband option. 

If you need further help, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Dan_Kelkar
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply. I have iPhone 6s plus and a blackberry Priv Android.  Both phones are able to connect other wifi networks seamlessly without any problems. Laptop connects to my home router on wifi, without any disruption.

As I  mentioned earlier, the mobiles keep dropping off on my home wifi.

I have the latest virgin media provided hub.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan_Kelkar,

Very sorry to hear you are having this issue.

When the mobiles disconnect to the WiFi, are you in the same room as your laptop and does this remain connected?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Dan_Kelkar
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey

Thanks for your reply. Mobile drops off even when I am in the same room with both laptop and mobile. Virgin helpdesk say that there may be some interference due to other devices in the house, however, that is not the case. There are no other devices on wifi.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Dan_Kelkar

Sorry for the broadband issues. 

Have you tried a reboot or a PIN hole reset on the hub?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos