cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband problems - slow or none in Glasgow

sarahwilkie
On our wavelength

Is anyone in glasgow experiencing problems with there broadband speed between slow and no broadband at all .

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sarahwilkie 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

sarahwilkie
On our wavelength

I've not had broadband for about 28hrs, I’ve done all the tests many times, rebooted, factory reset, last night it said there was an issue, today it says no issues, everytime I do a speedtest it's a different speed, I’m on 218 m/bits all my devices are hard wired yet I still got no broadband can anyone help me plz.

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061

If that shows nothing and you still have no connection, call 150 and report a fault. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi sarahwilkie,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see you've had some issues with the broadband,

Looking from our side I can see you've been able to contact us regarding this, if you do still nee help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

sarahwilkie
On our wavelength

I normally get 218 mbps broadband,it stopped working on monday,since then my speed is terrible no my speed is between 40 mbps and      0 mbps my tv is a blank screen or keeps freezing I had the engineer out today he changed I cable and done his tests on his machine it said 222 mbps and away he went, i can't/don't use wi fi because its crap,my devices are hard wired I have always been getting 218 mbps since I joined so why are my devices not getting the right speeds I have 6 mths left on my contract there is no way I'm paying for broadband when it's not working,I dont think I will be renewing my contract I feel let down with virgin 👎👎

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sarahwilkie wrote:

i can't/don't use wi fi because its crap,my devices are hard wired..... there is no way I'm paying for broadband when it's not working

I've highlighted the parts of your post that I think gets to the nub of your problem.

You appear to not have a problem with your broadband (which is the connection VM supply you with), but do you have a problem with wireless (an onward connection from your free router). There are suggestions that can be offered if this is the case... but can you confirm?

What I'm driving at here is, a WiFi problem is different from a broadband problem - you've posted about "broadband not working" but described "wireless not working". A different thing entirely.

Edited to add: I see you've posted 3 separate threads this past week about what's probably the same issue. I've merged them together, and would encourage you to keep answers to this one combined thread to get the best advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sarahwilkie

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, was you able to check our service status line for any issues? Are you also able to advise how your connection fairs via a wired connection?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs