Menu
tonys3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

broadband not working

I have just signed up as I am compelled to moan about the lack of support with Virgin Media, My internet has had a fault since last week, I have had to wait until Monday of this week for an engineer to come out, he couldnt fix the fault and said a new cable needs to be run, had to call V/M again yesterday to find out when this was going to be done and was advised that someone was coming at 5.30 that afternoon, no one showed up, called V/M again today and spent 45 minutes either on hold or talking to customer support who couldn't actually do anything and said I would be called back in 2 hours, 5 hours later I had to call again as no one had called me back, went through security twice as the first person I spoke to couldn't answer my questions, second person said that a senior engineer had to come out which wouldn't be until Friday which I find unbelievable? so will not be able to use the internet for about 10 days altogether. I wonder who is going to pay for all the data that we are having to use on our phone contracts to keep us on line until Friday???? terrible service from a mutli-million £ company. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband not working

You can cancel without financial penalty for any reason within 14 days of installation - are you still in that window?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broadband not working

But if you don't want to cancel, you should be entitled to compensation - read this.

And if there's still a problem, follow this.

And if after that you're still getting no joy, then your nuclear option is this.  Read the customer guidance carefully if you end up at that stage.

0 Kudos