Menu
cassie175
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

broadband down but website says no issue

hub been flashing green since 2.30pm today. did all the usual, reset, switched off and on, restarted. Still green flashing. So used DATA on phone to check service status. No problems in area. Ran the test it suggested, nothing happened.

Rang "help", on hold 10 mins only to be told wrong department, another 10 minutes to be told "have you told faults about this" "Obviously not or I would not be talking to you" - another 10 minutes on hold.

Got through to a frankly rude bloke with a non-uk accent who I think said "the internet has an intermittent fault until 4th September.". I asked why it is not showing a fault in this area when i log into my account - answer "well its showing a fault on my screen !" I asked about compensation  Answer - "thats up to offcom" "well how much will it be" "thats up to offcom". Well can i get free data on my phone to use that as a hot spot. "thats up to virgin media, thats not us, I can put you through if you want". At that point i gave up as i had enough of his attitude.

Checked on friends computer - still showing as NO FAULT in my area even when i login to get a more accurate reading.

When i tried to do the test thing from her computer it says my hub is off - it is not - i left it on !!

All i want is for Virgin Media to be honest - if there is a problem show it on the website !!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband down but website says no issue

Hi cassie175,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the broadband issues. 

I've ran a background check and can see there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) affecting the service. The estimated fix date for this is tomorrow. The fault number is F007372853. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

cassie175
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

1. So why is it not showing as a fault on the website?

2. Why did the bloke on the phone say 4th september?

3. what time tomorrow? - no doubt just before the 24 hours deadline for compensation

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Cassie175,

Thanks for coming back to me. The website would be in the process of updating itself, but apologies again for this as I can understand the frustration it would cause. The fault fix time is estimated so it can go either way I'm afraid. 

From checking today, it appears everything is now fine. Can you confirm? 

The automatic compensation doesn't apply for SNR faults, as this is an intermittent issue.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
cassie175
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

it was fixed but i must take issue with the compensation issue.

the bloke definitely said there was compensation and he also said it was intermittent. so he lied about that too then !!

disgusting service

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The web page only shows problems when 1000’s of users are affected, as SNR problem on one local cabinet never seems to show up.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The auto comp is for total loss of service can read about it via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

As for the agent can only guess miss informed

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you raised this as a complaint with us cassie175?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
cassie175
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

yes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cassie,

I am sorry to hear you were having issues with your internet, in regards to any compensation you can view our auto compensation policy on the link that paultechy provided above.

In regards to your complaint, a member  of our complaints team will be in contact as soon as possible.

Kind reggards

Paul.

0 Kudos