cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband cutting out

davebailey85
Joining in

I have followed all the suggestions for checking leads and fittings and have done both a soft reset (unplug, plug back in) and a hard full reset.

I am only 3 months into the contract and I have a new router that is located close to me. I have no other devices connected or running apart from my laptop.

However; and this seems to be happening more and more frequently. Is that the connection drops out. No warning lights come up on the hub, which carries on showing a white light.

The signal drops out for anything from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, and kicks the connected devices off connection, meaning i have to manually reconnect everytime.

There is no reported issues in my area.

I tried to contact virgin online but had no response

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on a computer/laptop to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

I have nothing i can connect an ethernet cable to. But it seems to affect all the devices connected to the wifi at the same time, so i know it is not a hardware issue on my devices

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pretty much any device you have can be connected to a RJ45 ethernet connection with a suitable adapter. I have them foy all my Apple equipment to connect to either... USB3, USB-c, T'bolt, Firewire or Lightning - all connect flawlessly. Get one for your laptop and test it.

What I am trying to ascertain is whether there is a faukt on your Hub/Network connection - or just poor or interference on wifi from say... microwaves, DAB radio, external radio sources etc.

Different solutions apply to those two possibiities.

What Hub model is it and what VM BB Package are you on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.